This was my third year teaching the constitution lesson to local 5th graders, but it is the first time I have ever received...
thank you letters from the kids!

One whole class wrote to me, 25 precious letters in all.
I have absolutely loved reading them and looking at the cute pictures they drew. What sweet and funny kids.

When I teach I really capture their attention with the objects I bring in my little suitcase; a replica key from Independence Hall, an umbrella, candle and holder, hammer, pictures of myself, Washington and Benjamin Franklin and a big copy of the Constitution. The most popular comment was that they loved my blue dress (even the boys)!
The most frequently asked question was whether the replica key from Independence Hall would still work or not. I decided to contact the curator and find out once and for all. She said that you could still use the old key to unlock the front door from the inside! I can't wait to write the kids back and tell them! They especially like the key because I let them pass it around the room and see how heavy it is. It is an old fashioned, cast-iron key (lovingly pictured in the top letter).

I had a lot of kids say they were coming to the fair and couldn't wait to see me there, or they hoped I would come visit their school next year. Some kids said they couldn't go but gave me good reasons why they couldn't. One kid had a football game and needed revenge because the other team beat them in the playoffs last year. Another said her mom had to work.

This kid's note was short but he drew this great picture of a
military chipmunk?!
What great kids (and teacher) to give me such an unexpected treat!
5 comments:
Sooo fun. We were sooo busy on Super Sat that I didn't get to hear anymore of your letters. That is sooo fun
Aw, that is CUTE! We need to see a picture of your blue dress! :)
-jd
o man! I didn't get any letters! Cute kids. I loved doing it too. I felt bad when the kids ran up to me at the fair and asked if I remembered them. Sometimes I lied and acted really excited to see them. Love the video of Deeds. so funny what kids do when noone is looking!
Those letters are so perfect! I love their absolute sincerity. What a nice bonus for your Constitution Week.
What an awesome thing to be a part of!!! Obviously the kiddos just love it ... and it sounds like you do, too ;)
Post a Comment