Friday, October 31, 2008

Chloe the Anchor Woman!

Chloe was the star of the show today at
 Junior Achievement's BIZ TOWN

Here she is warming up for her job as TV ANCHOR WOMAN at Cox Communications. The entire 5th grade class of Sonoma Ranch had a field trip today where they ran a city, Biz Town

There were every kind of business (Newspaper, where I helped, Wells Fargo Bank, Insurance Co. shops in the mall, an airline- Chloe and I took a trip to San Fran.- Radio station, print shop, and much more) and all kinds of jobs from Mayor, to mail carriers, even an attorney!
 
Chloe spent most of her time on camera. Each business had a big flat screen TV in it so she was literally everywhere letting us know when the different breaks started, giving us weather reports and interviewing people. She even interviewed me! Best pretend 5 bucks I ever spent.

 
Each business had to take out a business loan to cover their rent, payroll and other expenses and then spent the rest of the day trying to make enough money to break even. The kids each got a pay check right before their first and second break and headed to the bank to make a deposit. They got $2 in cash, $1.50 went into saving and the rest into checking for them to spend.

Chloe had to wait in line at the bank just like a grown up. She is getting help from Jessica Slade, her friend's Mom.

Chloe and anchorman, Brycen Palmer just finished a report. I took this picture of the TV in the newspaper office where I was working. We sold over 28 papers and enough personal ads helping us pay back our loan to the bank and come out $10 ahead!!! Chloe's company didn't quite make it. Where is a government bail-out when you need one?!

1 comment:

straight family said...

Chloe's a natural. How awesome is that. Where was all that when I was her age? She is so beautiful!! We miss you guys!!!!