Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gymnastics "Mini Meet"


Chloe and Olivia have been taking gymnastics at USA Fitness Center for about 8 months now and recently had their first "Mini Meet." 
It is a meet to help prepare the girls for when they are competing in higher levels.  About 2 months ago both Chloe and Olivia moved up to level 3 which is where they will learn most of their skills. Chloe goes twice a week and Olivia goes once.  They are both quite good and have different strengths. Chloe is long and graceful, Olivia is short and strong but they both charm the judges and the coaches.  While the meet was going on I was having my own melt-down on the sidelines.  Before we left for Rustin's football game that morning the video camera fell from off a high shelf and busted the main controls. I was still able to get it to work and I always have our new little digital camera in my  purse so I knew I could take video clips with it if I needed a backup. I was able to video some of Rustin's football game but when Olivia got up on the beam for their first event it WOULD NOT WORK!!! No big deal, I had my backup plan. I checked my purse and after searching and searching...NO CAMERA!!! I was so mad! I had just got it for exactly this kind of thing and I always carry it in there but it was home on the counter.  I tried over and over to mess with the video camera and convince it to work but to no avail. My regular camera was having a hard time taking good action shots because the gym lights were not bright enough and they were turning out blurry. To make matters worse, when they started the floor rotation they completely flipped the order that the girls performed which meant Chloe went first and I didn't notice. So I not only didn't get any video, or photos, I barely even saw the ending myself. That's when I started crying. Yes, I cried. I had pictured this cute blog with little video clips of their beam, bar and floor routines and great action shots of them doing their best tricks but NO! I guess I need to get my blogging addiction under control! The girls had no idea any of this was going on and had a blast! They were all smiles! 

Here is Olivia saluting the judges after her awesome floor routine!

Chloe shows off her first gymnastics medal

Olivia's patriotic outfit matches her new medal!

After the mini meet we went to Denny's with Tess, Rustin and our mini-champions!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

It may not have gone how you wanted it to, but look at how happy they are! Congrats girls, keep up the hard work!

Rydgd said...

Oh, my cuteness! Those girls are so darling and grown up! It's funny how every event now becomes a blogging opportunity. The pics are great...no worries!

beth said...

super cute and what fun they must have! cool

Mandy Stewart said...

I cant get over how beautiful they are. i can't wait to watch all you kids grow up.

Liz said...

They are so cute!! I'm glad I got to see all of the pictures of their "mini meet". Love it!