Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rustin's glasses and Halloween costume

No, this is not Rustin's Halloween costume. These are real (freakin' expensive) glasses!! 

We noticed in the spring that he couldn't read the score board at the lacrosse games but he said he was fine. He gets straight A's in school but I could tell he was squinting at things more and more. Finally I decided to take him to the eye doctor even if he wasn't willing to admit he needed glasses. As the day got nearer he actually got excited about it. It was fascinating watching the doc. test him and figure out what he needed. He can see great close up but now with his glasses things far away are crystal clear. He picked out these glasses and really likes them. On the way home he kept talking about how clear all the street signs were! Yeah!

Rustin picked an easy costume too! Football player! He went to a Halloween party with a bunch of school friends, many of which were boys dressed as girls, like Hannah Montana and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. He did NOT like that at all. CREEPY was his comment.

The three kids their Halloween best! But where is TESS? 

After we ate dinner with the Palmers and friends, she headed home and passed out candy. She wouldn't let me take her picture but I got one!!! She had fun seeing all the neighborhood kids dressed up and then when we got back we all watched Alfred Hitchcock's 
"THE BIRDS!" 
Perfect ending to a spooky night.

1 comment:

straight family said...

I love the glasses!! He looks so manly. I am glad that he can see and like wearing them. The halloween costumes look awesome. I love you all!!!!