No... this is not Jasper! This is Fawn. The puppy who started it all!

Last Saturday we went to see the movie "Up" and it was sold out so Chloe, Liv and I (Tess and Rustin met us there too) went to Puppies 'N Love, a pet store at San Tan Mall and saw this cute little Italian Greyhound. Chloe said mom we should ask them to hold it. I said NO. She said "Mom, it says right here on the sign, 'Ask to hold me' " So I said- sure. We fell in love and took this picture with my phone...

We emailed it to Russ's phone with the subject of "PLEASE???!!!!" And to our total shock, he responded, "Sure!"

What??? I wasn't even sure I wanted one. I was kinda joking because I NEVER thought he would say yes. So we spent the next few days looking on the internet for other greyhounds, just for fun. We kinda got hooked on the idea and wanted to make the best decision for our family.

No... This isn't Jasper either! On Wed. (June 10) Russ and Rustin went to scout camp and we decided it might be a good time to get the dog and work on the hardest part of the training while they were gone. So we looked around the valley a little more and we found this little boy- we called him Sparky- but he was too sick.

Next in Chandler, we found Jasper!!! He was a boy, cool colors- we had decided all black was our first choice- and that a boy would probably do better with Nellie who we thought would be the hardest for a new puppy to get along with.

Leaving his former home with his new family! We were still torn between him and Fawn (she was a month younger) but the deciding factor was that the boys would like him best!
He was the lucky winner!
On the long car ride home we talked about names. Moki (from our Hawaii trip) Forest (UFC wrestler) Fiero (from Wicked and kinda Italian sounding) and then we talked about names from Twilight (cuz he was dark, like the night- or Twilight!) Edward? No. Emmett? No. James? No. Jasper??? YES!
So we tried out all the names for the next few days but Jasper was the early favorite and stuck!
Tess and her new baby!

Liv and her new buddy!

Chloe and her new friend!
He has a white nose, belly and back toes!

Meeting our other dogs was a big deal and made me nervous. We let Jasper walk around the house while the dogs were locked up so they would smell him first (while he was somewhere else). Then we took them all to a neighbor's yard and introduced them one at a time. Nellie first.

She was excited but layed down in front of him and let him lick her and climb on her. Phew!

Jake was not so excited. He was the boss and Jasper layed down in front of him!

6 lbs and 3 months vs. 15 lbs and 5 years

Jake is doing better but we still have to watch them pretty close and put Jake in time out sometimes

Here is our beautiful boy in his new backyard

Love those eyes!

Awwwww!

Teaching him how to swim- really, how to find the step and get out.

Loving Livvy


I love this guy!

Rustin was in shock when he came home from scout camp! Video of their reunion below. He had fun holding him and snuggling with him for the next few hours!
Daddy liked him too and thought we made a good choice. Phew, again!
6 comments:
oh my gosh! sooooo cute... stop! I only want one puppy! No tempting me... Petchi just turned one;) Have so much fun!
Eden is in love! What a fun post to tell the whole story -- and love the name! :) so, does he attack if you get a paper cut?
He's so sweet!! Maddie is very jealous. She wants a pup so bad! Congrats on the new family member!
How cute!! My grandpa had a mini dachsund when I was very little named Moki...how funny! Jasper is very cute!
Hi Sarah!!! just ran aross your blog from Kim's.Just wanted to say hi and hope you and your adorable family are happy and well.I have a blog also send me your email and I'll send you and invite.lettiepeterson@gmail.com
Sarah, he is adorable. The eyes are too precious. Rustin's reaction was great to see too. What a cutie.
Post a Comment