Friday, June 5, 2009

Girls Camp- Thurs- Certification, Games, YCL party!

The highlight of Thursday was when the fourth years joined us for an all camp 
WATER FIGHT!

Russ had bought us Crawfords some serious fire power which made it really fun!
Plus Tess was finally there with us.

The battle started when the fourth years rolled into camp with their cars all decorated and throwing candy from the windows to lure everyone over to them. When they had enough girls close by with their guard down they started pelting them with water balloons and water guns!
Very Tricky!!

Russ using a two-pronged approach! As if the giant gun wasn't enough!! He had truce with Val Vista ward because they were using his truck (which was in the middle of the action) to store their ammo. This truce didn't include the fourth years, YCL's or adult women leaders!

Brooke Sampson came down to the fight with a long, clear poncho on. Jaci Barney and I didn't think that was fair so we had to remove it from her and then soak her! You can see here she is still not thrilled! Sorry Brooke, all's fair in love and water fights!

The day started nice enough though. A group picture with all the YCL's (71) at main camp!
I love these ladies!!!  
 
Goofy pose! Goofy girls!
You can click on any picture to make it larger and get a better look.
I love Heather sticking her finger up McCall's nose, Brooke's pig nose, and lots of tongues sticking out!

Fernanda- awesome YCL from Gilbert 11th branch. Wrote their skit for them in a hurry!
Great job!!!

Cicely, Kati, Tara and Audra getting ready to be car accident vicitims in the Mock Disaster

Shelby getting a head would from one of the stake leaders. Looks like she's already lost some mental capacity!

"Does it look like my pinkie is going up her nose?"

Heather and Jennie feeling rather triumphant after dousing Pres. Ballard BEFORE the water fight officially began!

Then they were caught!


The YCL's had soooo many responsibilities at girls camp, devotionals, teaching certification, helping their girls with capers, meetings etc. I was so proud of what a great job they did and their positive attitudes!
Aubrey and Larissa (hiding behind the poster) teaching their lesson on Cloud formations! They even made a quiz for the girls to take complete with pictures. 

Cabinmates and friends, Lindsey and Brittni watching and learning

Kylee looking good in her sparkly headband

There's Larissa!

Hannah, Brooke and Torrin

Kendra

Hannah and Sara

Goalie and friend, Lindsay

   Tycee trying to hide from me. Gotcha anyways!
    
Kaylie, one of the many lacrosse players at camp!

McKayli Godard

The YCL's never stop taking care of "their girls"

Lauren (VVW) and Kendrda

Annie Biggs, happy to be learning about clouds and knife sharpening!

Russ, aka- Bro Cro. teaching the girls how to sharpen knives.

He did a great job!

His lovely assistant, Amanda (our daughter from the Exodus)

She was fantastic!

I had to take a picture of this awesome poster. They did such a great job making the different types of clouds look real and different from each other. They even used some grey marker to make some look darker like they were ready to rain!

Don't worry, it was a MOCK disaster!
Kandee Baldwin, the first victim had a serious gash on her head from the "car accident"

Shelby did a great job acting like she was in shock from her head injury

Shantell and Anni enjoying the car accident way too much!

Oh no! Bishop Budge too!!!

MacKenzie Smith and Hillary Smith!

Fernanda, Lindsey and Marina trying to stay warm

Kati sporting all her bling and her armband bling!

The adorable Chelsey

Talking over the mock disaster and how well they did saving their mock victims

Cicely had fun

Aubrey, Danica and Vanessa

Stephanie and Jessica ready to see who else needs saving

Robyn and Danica 

Laura Lee, and her YCL's, Danet and Brooke

Sonnet and Celsea (with a 'C')

Alexxis. Shantell's main competition for Ninja master

Morgan, Jennie, and Samantha

Devon is TIRED!

Sister Tilby was the next victim in the mock disaster and came running out of the kitchen screaming and hollering about some burns she got on her arm. 

The first time it scared me because none of us were expecting it. I watched different groups of girls take care of her. Some just stood there, some were very fast and very comforting, some tried to put vasseline on her burns which only made her holler louder and cry more!

I had no idea Kami was such a great actress (and singer-she woke up camp every morning with a LOUD rendition of "Oh what a Beautiful Morning") Her blisters looked real! They were blobs of Vaseline with a thin layer of wet toilet paper over them, then some red make-up. And the oscar goes too....




Sharly and Rochelle taught a class on plants! Nice job ladies!

Brittni and Lindsey made these cute name-badge necklaces for their girls and themselves! What awesome YCL's! I got soooo many compliments from different wards about what a great job my girls were doing! I couldn't have been happier!

My Girls, Kathryn and Megan, from Mesquite ward who used to be in Val Vista ward. I miss them!

After the water fight and a hot shower with our clothes on with Hannah and Amanda, we had bishop games with our ward. It was fun to spend some quality time with Val Vista.

The crowd getting in to the action. Hey, Bailey- a fourth year!

The crowd goes wild!

Wilder!

We were lucky enough to have our Stake President, Bro. Ballard with our group (he is from VVW after all) Here he and bishop, Russ, and Michelle are trying to catch their favorite candies in their mouths!

Russ, like a fish out of water

Almost got it Pres!

WoW!
Another relay race with Hula-hooping involved!

Go Toree!

Then a mental challenge on who could be the first team to make a pyramid
with three levels

We tried it the old fashioned way because we didn't want to lay on the wet grass


These guys were willing to sacrifice their dry clothes, but didn't get three layers

All lined up for another game


Kelsey and Sis. Budge

Kira, so cute and innocent!

Alli is really having fun! 

This is not a prayer line 

It is a fun hand squeezing game which our team dominated at!

Brooke, Aubrey, Megan, Tailene, Ashley, Larissa and Brittni on stage getting the girls excited for another campfire.

Rochelle, Sarah, McKayli, Noelle, Megan, Sharly, Audra and Brooke enjoying the limelight!

Lindsey, Allie, Sara, Kathryn and Rochelle too. 

Love those girls!

Noelle

Sharly, still wearing her hat! Audra, one of the best singers I have ever heard with the best ear for pitch!!!

Brooke and Aubrey doing some actions

Fourth year YCL's Tailene and Ashley!!

YCL party time!!! Go Lindsey and Talia!

Kisha showing us how to dance

Sister Blaire and Cicely... party ANIMALS!

Sharly without her hat but still with Rochelle

Noelle and Kelsey

My favorite new game at girls camp... Ninja!
Shantell, Anni and Devon show us how it's done

The undisputed champion... SHANTELL SHAVER!

Anni and Alexx always gave her a good run for her money though

My fellow ninjas- 

In the brown sweatshirt with her face turned is Heather Farnsworth with an awesome mohawk!

Sis. Clouse and Sis. Larsen getting into the party mood!
The Party Planning Committee threw a great party; complete with pinata, line dancing of every kind, funky outfits, baby shower games and even throwing a bouquet! 
Very Creative!

Chelsey, her eighties jumpsuit and her dust pan buddy!
What a combo!

Talia and her funky party clothes! 
Thanks for a great party girls!


As if we weren't tired enough after all this, I hung out with the crazy skit cabin girls and learned how to play the fun, yet painful game of 
"Pinchy, fisty, flatty, cutty, cow!"
Oh how I WISH I had video of that game with those crazies!
Then I headed down to the lodge to look for 5 girls I was missing. No luck at the lodge, but as I was leaving I heard some chit chatting coming from behind the lodge. They were sitting in the back of a pick-up truck looking at the stars and talking. They begged to stay up later and I said they could if I could hang out with them. Much to my delight they welcomed me into the truck and asked me to tell stories about my hubby and I. 
Boy did I have a story for them!!!
If you want to read our INCREDIBLE and FREAKY proposal story look for it in Sept. 2008 posts on this blog.
It was so fun getting to know these girls better! I love you guys!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow. If I ever am in charge of girls camp, I'm going to go to this blog! How long did it take you to upload all those photos??