Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh Shoot!

In honor of  Obama's inauguration tomorrow I'm blogging about one of my favorite parts of Christmas break. Going to the shooting range with my son, my baby sister, my two brothers, one of my many brother-in-laws and 2 nephews. 

Here I am showing the target who's boss with my Springfield 40 XE or something like that.

Rustin and my big brother Steve setting up the target during the cease-fire. They are very serious about all guns being left alone, with their chambers open during this "cold" time. If you even approach your gun they will yell at you on the loud speaker and scare the crap out of you!

Rustin with Steve's two oldest sons, Steven and Alex. They are expert shooters because their dad is one big gun enthusiast!! They have a whole room in their house devoted to guns and reloading amo. My big bro. is a seriously good shot. He wins and puts on shooting competitions all the time. 
DO NOT TRY TO ROB HIS HOUSE!!!

Rustin putting all his lessons from uncle Steve to good use.

My youngest sister Liza loved shooting too, especially the bigger ammo. You know what they say, the bigger the ammo the bigger the bang. She was a great shot! It must be in the blood! 


My youngest brother Bill, is shooting his own gun, a Glock. He is amazing for a beginner. He shot in a tournament the next day and ranked 2nd out of about 50 beginners!!! Good job Bill! 
Bill's target with a smiley face drawn on it. I'm surprised he was still smiling after all those shots to the head!


Brother-in-law Kole having a BLAST shooting! Get it?

Before we left we pulled out the shot gun I got fixed up for Russ for Christmas. It was soooo fun and sooo loud. Alex collected a bunch of unbroken skeet off the ground and he chucked them like frisbees for us to shoot. 
(The automatic launcher was broken) 

I missed my shots and couldn't get over the huge kick of the gun,  but Rustin hit one, Bill completely incinerated one and Liza nailed one on her very first shot! Steve hit one too. It was way more fun that I thought. I can't wait to go back! 

1 comment:

Rydgd said...

I used to go shooting with my grandpa - we'd aim at Mt. Dew cans. I know what you mean...quite the rush, eh? Sounds like a super day!