Merry Christmas from the Crawfords!

Rustin and Russ getting the stockings off the ground.
They were much too heavy to hang on the Santa on the wall!

(especially Russ's, it was full of shotgun shells!)

Nellie found her presents right away and was loving it!

Okay, it's just a printer for the computer but those big boxes look great under the tree!

Russ got me jammies and a super soft robe from Victoria Secret.
(We won't show you the other stuff he got me from Vic. Sec. for our anniversary)

Tess and her first umbrella and a great picture of her.
It was like this all day! ARGH!

Grandma Rain had fun this year making the money in all of her presents very difficult to get too! Chloe almost got stuck forever in this Chinese finger trap!

Ahh, got the money out just in time!

Rustin's cash was in a little plastic trick box.

He tried so hard to get it open he actually broke part of it. I finally had to go get the instructions Grandma Rain had sent separately!
Thanks Grandma!

Russ and I were so naughty this year that Grandma Rain sent us COAL!!!
We must have been a little bit good because there was money in the bag for us too!

The coal was actually quite yummy cinnamon flavored black candy.

Russ must have inherited some of his grandmother's trickiness because he had a blast wrapping up some quirky things from his office with little clues on them as to where he had hidden our best presents!
"Don't do drugs or it will fry your brains out!"

This was a new thing for our family and a fun surprise!
Rustin's was a syringe leading him to a frying pan where a new cell phone awaited!

Chloe's was a Cliff bar and he told her a hint that led her to...

the dryer.
Of course it was worth the hunt! Chloe got her first cell phone! Something she wanted so bad she didn't even dream of actually asking for it.
Olivia's was the most creative of all and she was the only one who probably wouldn't mind digging through...

THE DOG FOOD!

ipod nano baby! Dog food free!

He got a kiss out of me with this one and then told me mine was hidden where I warm things up
(the microwave)
My first iphone was DEFINITELY worth a kiss!!!

Oh ya baby!
I didn't get a picture of Tess's note but it was on a box of tea Russ swiped from the break-room at work and it had a note that led her to the family room where her Wii Fit awaited. She has loved using it -we all have :)
This is what it looks like, Jake and Nellie fighting over one of their new Christmas toys!

I had to be a little creative too with the wrapping. I threw a huge rock in Olivia's and she was dying of curiosity for weeks over what made this present so heavy! It was only a shirt but I got her!! Other kids got big heavy books and such in their boxes too.

Skull Candy headphones were high on Rustin's list. I guess they provide a lot of bass to your music so you can really rock out!

Chloe got a new magnetic bulletin board/ white board for her room and gift card for the scrapbook store so she can make some super cute magnets for it!
Tess loves The Office too and loves her new shirt, especially for hiding behind!
We actually got a chance to use this tonight in a big downpour!

I had Russ's dad's old shotgun cleaned out and polished up so we could finally use it. We actually took it shooting with us a few days later and got some great video and pictures of Rustin, Liza, Bill and Steve blasting some skeet with it!
(poor Russ was at work- the range was always closed on the days he had off work- new years eve and day)

Just trying it out on the wall! It was empty!
But my little brother did give us a pack of buck shots to go with the two hundred regular shells that I got for Russ.
Rustin in his Dwight outfit drinking out of his Michael Scott mug!
Fact: Best Christmas Ever!!
4 comments:
all i can say is ... super rad!
Totally excellent ideas... much better than plain old wrapped gifts under the tree... although one year I wrapped EVERY gift in the same paper so no one could tell which gifts were theirs. Gotta keep em' on their toes! I think I shall use your fun ideas next year!! Looks like an uber fabulous Christmas.
I loved reading all about your Christmas. So much fun! I love how Russ was so creative with his clues. And that is so awesome for them to all sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve.
Looks like such a fabulous day ... love all of the creative wrapping/hiding ideas! We hid the girls' American Girl dolls but NOTHING like you guys did :)
Post a Comment