We did it!!
We had 47 women making 191 crafts at over $1,100 worth of supplies rockin' the Val Vista building today, Sept. 27, 2008. I was called to be a 'specialist' in charge of Super Saturday. I had just been released from YW and I think I had a target on my back. I am glad though because it was a great way to get to know the sisters in relief society again. A big thanks to all the teachers who taught classes and to Joy Marinez, Mandy Stewart and Allison Wirthlin who were the main women behind the scenes!
Here are two of the projects that I did. The magnetic-clip board-chalk board-chore chart was a total hit! Taught by Brooke Sampson. She painted the magnetic paint ahead of time and then we painted them with chalk board paint and added the ribbon and chalk she provided. At home I printed up the chores that Chloe and Olivia do each morning and their name and pictures. I laminated them (Thanks Suzan Eck!) and hot glued them to magnets and stuck them on their boards. Now when they are finished with each chore they can just put a check mark next to it with the chalk! They love them and we are going to hang them on a nail outside their bedroom door.
The fabric boxes are ones I made to practice for the class that I taught. I got the idea from my sister-in-law, Jami, who made some darling boxes for me for Christmas a few years ago. She taught me how to make them over the phone and then I tried it out myself. They turned out sooo cute and they look great in my newly redecorated blue and brown master bedroom!
Other projects included scrapbook paper covered tin recipe boxes, marshmallow guns, family plaque picture frame, JOY block letters, glass block light up pictures and temple bracelets. I will try to get photos of them so you can see these great projects! Everyone's turned out unique and beautiful!
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf was right, creating something new from unorganized matter does feel AMAZING!
1 comment:
I love the clip board and the boxes turn out better than mine. You are awesome at that stuff,and many other things. Please tell me again how to do those clip boards. I love you!!
Post a Comment