Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Boating with the Stapleys



A few months ago our ward had an auction to raise money for girls camp. Russ had a bidding war with Dave Blaser for a boat trip with the Stapley Family.  Of course we were victorious and on Aug. 16, 2008 we spent a wonderful day on the lake with our good friends Sean, Lori, Conner, Madi and Sheridan.  Aside from some major stress over the swarming bees near the dock, the day was perfect.  We ate tons of food, took some great pictures, had great conversations, laughed our heads off and played in the water.


Sean was a pro at driving the boat and whipping the poor victims on the tubes back and forth with some serious G-force.  Here you can see Russ and Tess trying to hold on.


Olivia and Sheridan showing off how easy it was to stay on when Sean was taking it easy on them.


Rustin having fun and trying to stay alive


Madi coaching Chloe over the cliff.  What a nice friend!


Russ getting the hang of wake surfing


Sarah trying to hang ten, or just hang on!


Rustin had fun surfing too 


Sean is so good at wake surfing that he can start with a girl on his back and then as soon as he gets going they crawl from his back to his front and slide down to the board and surf with him.  Here is Chloe above and Olivia below getting a great ride.

This is not as easy as it looks, trust me. I guess practice makes perfect!
Thanks for a great day Stapley's it was worth every penny!!! We love you!

2 comments:

Rydgd said...

Looks like fun times! I LOVE Sean's bald head! I'm a sucker for bald dudes! :-) Love Olivia's toad, too!

Dawn said...

Impressive! I couldn't do the surfing thing if I practiced for a month straight! Looks like a ton of fun.