Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chopped!

One of our favorite TV shows is "Chopped" where chefs only have 30 minutes to combine mandatory (and odd) ingredients together to make tasty dishes to please the judges. We play this ourselves sometimes and had fun one Sunday afternoon (Feb. 19) making some tasty treats.


Smoked almonds, Oreos and white chocolate chips had to be used in this dessert. Olivia had a beautiful presentation and a drink too! 


Chloe made a white and milk chocolate and cayenne pepper dip for apples, oreos, almonds etc. 


I'm tasting Olivia's drink and Rustin, below, is trying Chloe's dip. They were both super yummy but I think Olivia won this round.


Chloe and Liv were the next judges and Rustin and I the next competitors. We had to use seasoned crackers, parmesan cheese and french bread. I made a yummy salad, with croutons and some chicken with a cheesy, crumbly coating.


Rustin's little mini sandwiches with sausage and honey roasted turkey didn't look as pretty as my dish, but the girls didn't like my salad at all (duh! What was I thinking?) and the coating on my chicken was a little burnt.  I think he also made a drink with milk, cinnamon and applesauce.


RUSTIN WON! He was very happy and is in cooking class in school after all! 
What a fun Sunday afternoon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm totally doing this. Great idea!