Thursday, March 5, 2009

Seriously Funny Tess

Those of you who are not blessed to live with Tess have no idea how funny she can be. While making dinner tonight, we had some fun conversation. Here are my favorite quotes:

"You buttered my butt!"

Explanation: She was helping make the garlic bread and stole and ate one end of the bread (the butt) before we finished making it and said that was her tradition to eat it before I baked it. When she wasn't looking I buttered the other end so I could eat it toasted. She turned around and saw I had done it and said, "Hey, you buttered my butt!"

"Pigs are jerks!" 

I was explaining to her that Barbara Bush had a heart valve transplant today where they gave her a pig's valve. She immediately responded, "I don't like pigs anymore, pigs are JERKS!" She just finished reading Animal Farm and said that in the book when the animals take over the farm, the pigs turn into the evil dictators and she'll never look at them the same.

A few minutes before that I was singing some songs from Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat (I am always singing and lately these songs have been stuck in my head because the high school just performed it). Tess said "Mom, you should have pretended like you were 16 and tried out for the part of the Narrator."  WOW! Either she thinks I have a great voice, or look young or she's just delusional... but it was so cute!!

That made me feel a lot better because just a few minutes earlier I was telling her about a blonde moment I had this morning: I was getting ready to go to the school and teach Chloe's class about Abigail Adams (my other persona) and was blow drying my hair while trying to read a new book about her. I could see it better if I propped it up so I put my blow drying brush under it and picked up my blow dryer to finish my hair. Not one second later I was like "Where did that brush of mine go?"  Duh!! I had JUST put it under the book! It didn't take me long to figure it out but I had to laugh at myself!!! 

Maybe it was my first senior moment instead of a blonde moment but Tess sure made me feel good again regardless! 

Love you honey!!

1 comment:

michellechard said...

They probably would have cast you Sarah, because you have a great voice!! (and look strangely the same as you did in HS)