Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome to the Family!

Yesterday Olivia's beloved pet hamster, Allie, died. She had her for a little over a year and loved every minute of being her owner. We had a little graveside service for Allie and many tears were shed.  Being the Olivia lover that I am and the animal lover that she is, I couldn't say "no" to her when she asked if she could get another pet. 

It only took her a few minutes to find exactly what she was looking for. She paid for most of it (thanks to left-over birthday and Christmas money) and we headed out the door with the newest Crawford.  

She couldn't wait to hold her so she held her most of the way home.

It's a RAT! 
A female dumbo-eared rat that was aptly named DUMBALINA or DUMBO for short.
Other name ideas were; Karianne (Olivia's oldest cousin- animal lover- and expert on rats), Munchie, Mittens, Allie Jr. or Sally.

They became best buddies right off the bat. Don't you love those big ears?
 Olivia does and her broken heart has mended! 
Thanks Dumbo!

3 comments:

Rydgd said...

I'm not typically a rodent fan, but those ears are pretty darn great! Maddie would be so jealous -I'll have to show her these pics. She too love ALL God's creatures! (Except maybe roaches) :-)

Beckie said...

Welcome Dear Dumbo! I am happy to see Olivia smiling with her new buddy!!

Tracey said...

Wow... that hamster does have some BIG ears! We have a hamster & I would love to put him up for adoption - for good! If you know anyone interested let me know. Congrats on the member to your family!