Some of you may have noticed that I switched my yard sign from
John Lewis to Dave Petersen
What you don't know is that I was originally supporting Dave for mayor and actually helped get signatures to put his name on the ballot. I was so excited when I heard that he was running for Mayor because I have known him for over 5 years and have watched him work in the Town Council and know what a hard core conservative he is. He is exactly the kind of guy we need in government right now.
A few weeks later John Lewis joined the race and like a lot of you I thought he would probably do a good job too since he was a great man and a great stake president. I also thought he had a better chance of winning because of his position in the church and I allowed a sign to be put in my yard even though I felt a little bad.
Recently I have been watching and reading what both John Lewis and Dave Petersen have been saying and what they believe in and well... I am back with my first choice,
Mayor Dave!
(check him out for yourselves Electmayordave.com)
Some things about Dave Petersen I really like...
* He has experience in politics- knows how the game is played, knows what to look for and how to avoid traps and problems. He is not testing out his political skills for the first time.
* He is not afraid to make enemies if necessary- He is so convicted to his beliefs that he will not compromise them even if that means making some people angry or unhappy.
* Has a great knowledge and love of the principles of freedom found in the constitution- He understands the proper role of government, that its role is limited and it is supposed to protect our freedoms, not "take care of us."
* He has a concrete vision of what he wants to do as Mayor. He is bound and determined to keep government from growing and shrink it as much as possible, lower taxes and encourage more personal responsibility and keep things like Traffic Camera's OUT OF GILBERT!!
* He is a member of NRA, John Birch Society and more- This shows me that he is serious about protecting us from the overreaching power of government that is really becoming more and more of a huge problem today.
For these reasons, and many more, I believe that electing Dave Petersen would be the best thing we could do for Gilbert during these uncertain times. An experienced, qualified, convicted, strong leader with core beliefs in the gospel and the constitution is exactly what we need. John Lewis was a great stake president and church leader but that does not necessarily mean he will make a good mayor.
No matter what you do,
FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!
Make an educated choice!
No comments:
Post a Comment