This summer the Crawfords tried some new things to try and keep the doldrums away.
One of Rustin's and mine (and Chloe tried it too) was playing disc golf.
(picture of total stranger from internet- but you get the idea)
Rustin, Mason, Gary, Chloe and I had such a blast playing, that we would go out and play in the 103 degree weather! We even braved slimy pond water when we accidentally threw the discs in the water.
Rustin crammed on Chloe's flip-flops and waded out in the muck to retrieve his precious disc!
Watch on video!
Can you see all the slimy weeds in the toes of Chloe's flip flops???
EWwWWWWww!!!
I threw one in later that was too far in to get, but the park manager (who is Rustin's friend) called the other day and told Rustin he had scooped it out with others and to come pick it up!
Rustin and Mason couldn't get enough of disc golf so they would try and play inside. Bad idea Rustin!!!
Rustin played on The Force, a summer lacrosse league and kept himself in good shape with 2 hour practices and games a few nights a week. I kept in shape by jogging around the complex for 40 min. while he practiced and then read books, or watched his games. I love the color of the sky in this picture!
My cute dog Jasper just has to lay on the towels as I am folding and stacking them after they've dried on the fence all day. I just keep plopping them on his back but he doesn't care!
On the night of July 14th, I took Kaitlyn and Olivia to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2. We had such a blast! I left them at the theater to hold our place in line and while I was gone at my meeting, they let everyone in to the theater WAY earlier than expected. Unfortunately, I had not left the girls' tickets with them! Fortuntately, I had asked these two teenage girls to keep an eye on them for me and one of them saved us seats in the theater, and the other one waited outside with the girls in the dark until I got there. Phew!!
My creative girls HAD to make shirts for the special occasion!
My little Olivia partied so hard with a bunch of friends from diving that happened to be in our theater, that she fell asleep 30 min. before the movie started. I let her sleep and then woke her up just in time! She stayed awake for the whole movie! :)
It was AWESOME!!!!
We also had the Legos out for a few weeks and had a blast making project after project. Of course girls build different things than boys do!
Summer isn't all play. I did have some work to do! As assistant Girls Camp Director for our stake girls camp, I had a huge task (that I assigned myself) of putting together 300 booklets with the schedules and songs in them for the girls to wear on lanyards and use all week. I write their names all by hand and they turned out so nice! But it took several days of writing for hours and hours at a time. I even got out my list of fonts so I could make sure my writing looked nice.
One of our favorite games is "Take Two" with the Scrabble tiles. After many competative rounds of this game, Rustin used all the tiles to make this excellent crossword puzzle. I guss his brains haven't turned to mush this summer!








1 comment:
Ok. First that picture of the stranger playing disc golf looks EXACTLY like Rich from behind. Second, tell Rustin to play frisbee golf with hot pads inside. That's what I did (with Dorothy/Emily?) when I was little!
Post a Comment