Thursday, April 1, 2010

No on 406 Rally!

A few weeks ago on March 13th the two oldest girls helped me at a political rally where we fought against high taxes and big government, on a local scale. 


Tess, Hailey, Chloe and Bailey  helped paint faces.


They painted each other's too when things got slow


Anita is a tireless worker and an amazing inspiration to me.


Dave has been hard at work fighting for liberty for decades. He was the MC of our event and the crowd loved him!


The Ray family are "Defenders of Liberty" and they make a difference in our community!



Erin Scroggin's- Gilbert's next council member and best homemade t-shirt maker!


The main event at the event was making homemade signs against Prop. 406
We call this a Tea Party style campaign. That's me by the way, hiding behind the hair. Oh ya, I gave a speech too. It was REALLY scary but fun once I got going!


I figured I'd make my Suburban politically active too.


Tess and her grapes.


JD Hayworth who is running against John McCain for the Senate, was the only politician able to wrestle the microphone away from us the whole day.


Bill Norton gave a great speach. He is a constitutional scholar to beat all constitutional scholars.


Tess hard at work


Easton's daughters and a friend got really into the face painting and did this to their sister, Olivia.


Cute little patriot!


This family made a great sign!


I made this one. The problem with 406 is not jsut that they are trying to raise our sales tax, but that they labeled it a "Public Safety" thus trying to scare the citizens of Gilbert into thinking that their isn't even enough money to pay for the most basic services of police and fire. We know for a fact that it isn't true. It is just the oldest trick in the book- a scare tactic! We have plenty of non-essential places we can cut and public safety is not in jeopardy!



I went a little crazy making signs with the extra plastic sheets which coincidentally got dropped off at my house! 


Chloe came up with the money in the Garbage can idea for this one! It's one of my favorites.


I love this one too!


Our signs were getting stolen as soon as they went up. Most the first few days lasted less than 24 hours. So I wrote this one! It got STOLEN in broad daylight the next day!
The good thing is that we got a lot of extra press (several newspaper articles and a 5 minute spot on the local tv news) because of our unique homemade signs and the fact that our little works of art were getting swiped like crazy. It was fun to be on the news and SCARY!!


I discovered a good way to keep your signs from getting stolen!
Rustin made me take them down when he got back in town. I was emberassing to him!
Who ME???


Here is another Defender Of Liberty, Cory. He made this sign. Love it!


Olivia missed the rally but helped color in a lot of signs. This was her first and her favorite!

Chloe made this one all by herself!

To see the news story go to
and click on the left.

For more info about the scare tactic- tax increase go to 

No comments: