Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flag waving ACTIVIST



I went to the town hall meeting last night with John McCain to make sure he reads his constitution before he votes on health care reform. They wouldn't let me bring my Constitution sign in. They had a 'no sign' policy and wouldn't even let me bring in the constitution by itself!


My message for John McCain!

Luckily, they did let me bring in my flags. I might have been forced to cause a scene. I was the only one in the whole place who brought any! Kelly Despain and I were both waving them during the meeting and I tried like crazy to get him to call on me for a question. He must have known what was coming because he skipped right over me and my flags! But the Arizona Republic noticed me and put a picture of me online at their website and maybe in the paper too. I will have to go check!


We didn't get to really pin John McCain down on much. He did say several times that he was totally against the public option and that he didn't want the Federal government to get between you and your doctor. He did have several really good ideas on how to reform health care in a much better way. For example, making it possible for people to buy health insurance across state lines which would really be a good thing for prices. Also to give tax credits for buying insurance, health savings accounts etc. There were a few things I wasn't sure about and wanted more information on. I am still worried about whether he will reach across the aisle and try and negotiate with the Dems on this and somehow let them slip some seeds of government run co-ops or such in the bill. We will have to see.


Afterwards we had fun waving my Constitution/sign out the window at people. I got lots of thumbs and cheers from some great patriots and then some nasty remarks from the huge crowd of Obama supporters that were bused to Phoenix to protest near the event. It was fun!!!!


I also met a great guy, Jim Deakin, who is running for John McCain's senate seat in 2010. We had a long chat about politics, freedom, political parties and the constitution. I was impressed with him, his knowledge of the Constitution, Federalist Papers, 5,000 Year Leap and his platform. He definitely has the right ideas and is very motivated to go clean up the mess in Washington. If you want to learn more about him go to www.jimdeakin.com


No comments: