Friday, April 1, 2011

Other People's Spring Breaks!

Maryjane, Sarah, Emily and Anne

The four oldest Koski girls were together in AZ for their spring break 
(actually, it was Emily's and Anne's but Maryjane and I played along) 
March 22-26

Olivia, May, Lucy, Claire, and Katie

The cousins watching Spiderman on Saturday morning after the most delicious buttermilk pancakes I have ever eaten!! Thanks Shea!

Clark and Kenny with Rich and Peter in the back

Grandma, Luke and Shane

Spiderman is Grandma's favorite movie! Seriously, I think she has a crush on Peter Parker (Toby Mcguire) No wonder she named her first daughter, Maryjane!

Chloe and May

These two cousins were born just a few months apart and were happy to spend time together again. They swam, shopped, watched movies and were crafty.

Shane, Jake and Katie

The Harringtons (Emily's family) were staying at the Kierland Resort in Scottsdale because Mark was at a medical conference and we had fun at their pool (small waterpark) with the Robisons and Wilsons too! I hung out with them on Thurs. while my kids were at school!! Then we all went there on Saturday morning. It was so nice just cruising around the lazy river and having some great girl talk.

Grandma, Katie, Anne, Shea (in background)

We visited Liza on Wed. before we went to the biggest candy store in the United States, Sweeties!

May and Olivia joined in the fun of cleaning her headstone, writing messages on a lacrosse ball for her and putting together a new flower arrangement Mom and sisters made.

One of my favorite messages on the ball was from 9 year-old Shane
"I might play Lacrosse"

Anne, Emily, Mom and Dad picked out some beautiful blackberries, wildflowers, other red berries and greenery for a more permanent arrangement for Liza. We thought this looked like something she might have grabbed along an Oregon trail while working in the mountains. Miss you Liza!

Grandpa, Anne, Chloe, Grandma and Camille

I always feel like the weather is just perfect when I visit Liza's place. There is such a sweet and peaceful spirit there. Even though it is sad, it is somehow more beautiful than just about any place in AZ.

We really had fun getting to know Liza's neighbors. One very close to her is Justin B. Johnson who we researched on the internet. He was 28 when he died on New Years Day 2008, in a car accident on his way to work in Tennessee. I wonder if he and Liza are friends. 

Sisters are a wonderful thing!!! Love you girls forever!!!















No comments: