See all those fuzzy balls on her back, those are living, crawling little spiders! After snapping the all important photo Tess grabbed a clear plastic container and trapped the spiders inside. Next she searched for a chemical that would kill them without hurting the carpet. "Spotshot" was her solution. She lifted the edge of the container and sprayed them and watched as they scattered around the inside of the container and start to slow. She then bravely lifted the container and smashed the momma and all the babies that tried to get away with her geography book. Then she took the container full of poisoned babies and ran out the back and threw it over the fence! I vacuumed her room out several times as she uploaded this picture to her facebook page. At about 12:30 she headed to bed and I ate Wheaties straight from the box and read my new science fiction book. What an exciting night and a brave Tess!
ATTENTION: An hour after posting this story I was sweeping the kitchen when I saw another huge wolf spider run behind the fridge. When Russ got home for lunch I asked him to move the fridge so I could kill it. I wedged myself back there and smacked it with my flip flop and guess what happened..... hundreds of babies went skittering off her back!!!!!!!!!! I am not kidding! I was screaming, HOLY BABIES!!! and smacking all over the place with my shoe. Russ grabbed the 409 and we sprayed the babies that tried to get away!!! Some one needs to call the pest control guy!!! I guess that would be me!
9 comments:
EEEEWWWWWW! That is creepy! I found a Mama scorpion once that had babies on her back. Bleck... Good work, Tess! Nothing kills spiders like Geography! :)
-jd
That is disgusting! What a brave girl. I love that she took a photo first. That is about the nastiest thing I have seen.
I once paid a pizza delivery guy extra to kill a spider for me... maybe I should call Tess next time.
That is gross. But, good thing she took a photo of it. I think we have a scrapbooker in the making!
Great post.
THAT IS THE GREATEST PICTURE EVER!!! Wow! I've lived through a couple of those baby spider Explosions...not happy memories. So glad she got a pic of that dude! Coolness! :)
O this is gross!!!! don't you have a snake? Let it lose in the house for a while! Will it eat spiders? And their babies? I can't even talk about it anymore, it's too gross! I don't think I'll be able to sleep well tonight. :)
Hey Sarah - I just looked @ your facebook and now your blog. Wow.... your kids have gotten so big and are adorable! We need to go out sometime and catch up. My blog is private so e mail me your e mail address and I can invite you. You guys look great as always. Are you in the same house? Call me. My # is the same.
XOXO
Tracey
I am completely horrified. I hope thise spiders stay on your sid eof the nieghborhood. Tess is brave i am shocked. An Eewwww.... babies. All I can say is Eewww. I definatly would have dreamed about spiders that night.
Totally creeped out by this ... the photo is amazing but it makes me feel like I've got spiders crawling on me just looking at it!!!!!
Post a Comment